A standard minor service is also known in BMW terminology as an Inspection 1.
Oil Change Service
- Drain and refill your vehicle’s crankcase with BMW approved oil. Install a new oil filter.
- Check all other Fluid levels, and top off as necessary.
- Reset oil light.
- Check transmission for leaks.
- Check rear axle for leaks.
- Visually check fuel tank, lines, and connections for leaks.
- Check condition, position, and mounting of exhaust system. Examine for leaks.
- Check power steering system for leaks.
- Check overall thickness of front and rear disc brake pads.
- Examine brake disc surfaces.
- Clean brake pad contact points in calipers.
- Grease wheel center hubs.
- Check steering for absence of play, condition of suspension track rods, front axle joints, steering linkage, and joint disc.
- Check front control arm bushing for wear.
- Check brake and clutch system connectors and lines for leaks, damage, and incorrect positioning.
- Check for free movement of the parking brake cables. Adjust parking brake if necessary.
- Check all tire pressures (including spare). Correct if necessary.
- Check condition of tires (outer surfaces (left/right)), tread wear and pattern; In case of uneven tread wear readjust wheel alignment if required.
- Read out diagnostic system
- Check engine cooling system/heater hose connections for leaks.
- Check coolant level and antifreeze protection level; add coolant if necessary.
- Check level of brake and clutch fluid in reservoir; add fluid if required.
- Check windshield washer fluid level and antifreeze protection. Fill up and/or correct if necessary.
- Check air conditioner for operation.
- Reset Service Indicator.
- Check battery electrolyte level and add distilled water if required.
- Perform batter load test.
- Check lighting system, i.e. headlights, foglights, parking, backup, license plate, interior (including map reading lights), glove box, flashlight, illuminated makeup mirrors, luggage compartment lights.
- Check instrument panel and dashboard illumination.
- Check all warning/indicator lights, check control.
- Check turn signals, hazard warning flashers, brake lights, horns, headlight dimmer/flasher switch.
- Check wiper and washer system(s); wiper blades, washer jet positions.
- Check condition and function of safety belts.
- Oil hood, trunk/tailgate, and door hinges.
- Grease hood, trunk/tailgate and door latches. Check operation of all latches.
- Check central locking/double lock.
- Replace microfilter or Acc. Cabin Filter.
- Check heater/air conditioner blower, rear window defogger.
- Check rear view mirrors
- Visually examine the SRS airbag units for torn cover, obvious damage or attachment of decals, decorations, or accessories.
- Road test with check of brakes, suspension, steering, clutch/manual transmission or automatic transmission
Please contact us to book an appointment.